Printers are important in almost all kinds of businesses. And if you are looking for a printer for a business you are just starting from scratch, you have come to the right place.
This post will feature the most important considerations you need to make in the market today with the aim of helping you make the choice easier.
If you didn’t purchase one during the pandemic, today is the right time to get hold of this investment for your business. One of the reasons for this is that post-pandemic, the stock is ceiling high in number, many of which are on sale. And no, these models aren’t out of date.
Lightweight and compact, portable printers are in the $500-$700 price range. But it is also worth note-taking that this price range often doesn’t offer the functionalities of large printers that cost double or quadruple them. This is actually the most popular reason why small printers are trending in the market- reasonably priced, compact, and perform really well.
Here’s everything you need to know about small business printers before you head out and go shopping for one!
4 Details to Pay Attention to with Small Business Copy Machines
Without minding their size, small business printers are mighty in terms of functionality. Aside from the fact that most modern printers today are wireless, here are 5 other features that you should know about:
All-in-one or Single Function
If the main purpose of the copy machine is to print, then go with a single-purpose model and not the one that does copying and scanning also. There may be printers that can do all functions for the same price as a single-function machine, just remember that its performance may not be the same for all of its functions.
Always consider the use and storage area when buying a copy machine. Always remember that there are models with “compact” labels, but mean footprint and actually come “tall” in height. If the storage is limited, go with a wide model, not a tall one.
Whether colour or black and white, laser printers win the speed aspect. If you are talking about multiple copier users at home offices, the difference in comparison with single printers for staff in offices’ copy speed isn’t that much of a factor.
Inkjet Vs. Laser
Printing with laser printers requires toners, while inkjet printers use ink. So, when looking for the right copy machine and torn between these kinds, always take into consideration your projected printing volume, the allotted budget for cartridges, and the documents you are to produce with the machine. With cost, inkjet printers are more affordable upfront, however, the replacement cartridges are expensive in the long run.
Aside from these 4 details, there are other important factors that you need to think about, including:
- Copier Type: Are you bound to do colourful graphics and high-quality images? Or is the primary use to print black and white text?
- Maintenance Services: Will the printer need regular maintenance to operate at top performance? Is the copier model you are eye-ing prone to issues like paper jamming?
- Long-Term Expenses: While it is always inviting to just buy a cheaper model just to save money upfront, it is essential to consider your long-term costs. Things like maintenance, energy consumption, and cartridge replacements will all contribute to the expenses in the long-term perspective.
- Upfront Cost: If your budget is limited for a brand-new copier purchase, your biggest concern will be the upfront cost.
- Copier Quality: What will be the primary use of this machine in the office? Is it for internal documents? Will the machine be shared with multiple users in the office? Copier quality is one of the most important factors when buying a copier machine model.
- Copier Speed: Does the small business need a fast machine for the office? If yes, copier speed will be a major factor when choosing copiers.
If you are more likely to print documents in black and white, monochrome laser printers are your best bet. Inkjets, on the other hand, are perfect if you are inclined to produce more photos and colour documents.
Should you need more information about what else to consider when buying a copy machine for your business, our sales representative can help you.
If you plan to get copiers for your office in Jacksonville, you can opt to buy copiers or lease copiers in Jacksonville. We can give you the option to get the copier that you want. You can contact our local copier leasing services department in your location.
If your Location is around Jacksonville, you may call us at (904) 257-8866, our personnel for copier leasing in Jacksonville will assist you. If you are also looking for copier repair services in Jacksonville, you may contact our copier repair personnel at the same number.